Thursday, November 7, 2013

Horse Market


So I have been searching for a horse for some time now...and I have come to the conclusion that I dont need anything fancy. Just a horse with good feet, a straight back, and lots of heart. But this has proven to be harder then I could ever imagine. First of all Ive noticed that there are two kinds of horses for sale. Unregistered backyard broodmares and Hunter/Jumper show ponies for big $$$. Where are all the good western trail horses?  Do I have to travel inland for the stock horses?

 When I do find a good looking horse and I decide to contact the owner, I usually get a response like “already sold” or no response at all. There’s got to be a better way to find a quality horse. A big part of me doesn’t want to get scammed either. So I guess theres a combination of cold feet and lack of inventory in my price range. Just like housing.

...I wonder if there’s a correlation.

Here are some of the resources Ive been using:

BEAN - http://www.bayequest.info/
Craigslist

Word of mouth seems to be the best way. Please let me know if you know of a good horse for sale.

0 comments :

Post a Comment